Albeit an awkward name, it effectively identifies it for our gaming group. This board started out with the intention of being a scorched earth/alien planet but lets just say that didn’t work out and we moved onto phase two. See, we had already flocked the board weren’t about to go out and purchase another sheet of polystyrene (pink insulation foam). So, knowing that the glue we used to hold the flock down was water soluble we decided to remove the flock by hand….
The reason I’m posting this is to simply suggest that you don’t try it, either start over with a new board or just don’t do it….it’s probably not worth the effort. That being said, here’s what it turned into after repainting the black base coat and flocking with static grass.
The whole board was completely covered in glue and then the static grass was applied en mas. When we applied this, we only let the grass sit on top of it for a minute or two and then knocked the majority of it off and then reapplied it again. This time we let it sit for a few minutes and knocked as much of it off as possible.
Now we took a few handfuls of brown flock and grey flock and scattered them across the still wet board to give it a bit of color change.