The bar, now done, WITH DETAILS!
The bar has been a perfect scenario piece and is now complete. I ended up trying some techniques that I’ve not done before. I was pleasantly surprised with the results as you’ll see further down. This article could also be called “Craft Sticks”, as I used many of them to make the windows and porch step details.
One of the big differences on this piece revolve around the flock, I strayed from my normal woodland scenics route and and used sand. Sand as in I bought a 20 pound bag of it for $3 and use that instead. Now, some drawbacks of this are related to using sand, but I think the effect outweighs the drawbacks.
- Painted to suite need
- Comes in large quantities
- Has to be painted
The process is much the same as flocking, glue + sand on the areas you want. The catch is, that I used 4 different shades of brown starting at a dark chocolate brown and moving up to a tan color at the end. I used less and less each time I applied a color to get the effect below.
So far the bar has offered a great place to use for bar scenarios. In the future I hope to get my hands on a set of furniture to use inside, when I do, I’ll be sure to post about it here. Also, the more and more I do pieces with bases, I realize that foamcore needs to go for bases, at some point I’m going to make the jump to MDF/HDF boards for bases just for the sake of durability. More to come on this.